Thursday, October 27, 2011

what should I use them for?



I set out to make bath tub crayons for my girls for christmas and what I got was cute soap that doesn't write on the bath tub.  



 I made them in this cute heart mold I got at Joanns because I also want to make these heart crayons for Valentines day because there are so many allergies in Violet's preschool class that choosing an appropriate treat for valentines is impossible.



This is a simple project.  Just melt clear glycerine (which you can no longer get in store at Joanns, so I got a pound of it on Amazon) in the microwave, add food coloring (I used neon gel), pour into whatever mold you want and try to convince your 2 year old that they are not candies but soap.  I might as well have skipped that last step because she took a bite out of one anyways.    

So they are cute and easy to make but they do not write on the tub.  So what should I do with them?  I have 23 little soap hearts now.  Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Could you re-melt and mix with crayon bits so they would work on the tub? I buy washable crayons, remove the paper wrapper, and use them for bathtub crayons. They wash right off. Crayola washable writes better than other brands. Good luck. They are super cute soaps! By the way...I have yet to use pintrest but am LOVING your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh good idea! Thanks, I'll try that, my kids love to color on the tub.

    ReplyDelete