Sunday, October 30, 2011

What a Mess

 How to paint laminate furniture without sanding.  Without sanding my eye.

Number 1 this took 3 days.  I don't have a garage so I spent 3 days with two of these bookshelves in my bathroom (my only bathroom) and trying to keep the kids out of there as much as possible (obviously they had to go in there at least a few times a day).


 Do you like the color though?  I love the color.  It will go great with the fire engine red bed that is coming soon....trust me, it will look cool.

Number 2 the paint didn't go on even, the roller left all sorts of weird streaks and stuff.

Number 3 These bookshelves are to be used by small children and they are already chipping and I haven't even put books on them!


Look at that mess.  Ok so I'm super frustrated so I turned to my good friends...chocolate, google and pinterest.  I think I've figured out what I'm going to do to make these look good.

First I'm going to just have to use them for now because I don't have the time to fix them.

second  I'm going to sand off all that paint

third I'm going to use this tutorial to re prep the book shelves (it would have been nice to know that my primer takes a full week to cure....and that if you really want to use your furniture you will need to sand the laminate finish off first)

Fourth I'm going to use spray paint to get a better finish.

ok so If you pinned this tutorial that claims you can paint without much sanding (well there is some light sanding but obviously not enough) unpin it.  I would say to pin that one in my step 3 but I haven't tested it yet so I can't really say.
Sorry no sanding girl, your dresser looks really cute but it just didn't work for my bookshelves.


No comments:

Post a Comment