Saturday, October 15, 2011

Butterfly mobile

For some reason I thought felt would be so simple to work with.  And for the most part it is, unless you are trying to cut out a delicate design.  Then it becomes an obnoxious fabric that I swear I would never use again... until I started making farm animal puppets a week later.

This butterfly mobile (which isn't really a mobile because it isn't meant to be hung over a crib because it is super long and would definitely be a strangulation hazard) is for my niece for Christmas this year.  She has a red and pink and black lady bug themed room, so I thought butterflies would look cute.  Here is the blog where I got the butterfly template.

Even though I hated cutting out the butterflies it was actually a really simple project.  I used a super small hole punch to make the holes for the yarn to go through since my plastic yarn needle was no match for the tough felt.

The top is a 4 inch wreath form with coordinating ribbons tied on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment