Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Going without shampoo


I was on this post about how you could use oil to wash your face ( I haven't tried it yet but I probably will) and the writer said she hadn't used shampoo in a few weeks....what?  That's crazy!

  So I checked out the recipe and all you need is baking soda and water for the shampoo substitute and apple cider vinegar and water for the conditioner substitute.  Ok I have all those things and I hadn't washed my hair yet so I decided to give it a go.  

First off I made a big mess trying to get baking soda in a squeeze bottle, I eventually figured it out and no I'm not going to tell you how I did it because it was ridiculously simple and anyone could figure it out, I just was too tired to figure out the physics behind a funnel.

So I hopped in the shower and tried them out.  Now the solutions are mostly water so it is like pouring water on your head, so I just applied it directly to my scalp instead of pouring it in my hand like normal shampoo.  I let the conditioner substitute sit for a few minutes like normal and I rinsed.

I let my hair air dry for a few minutes and then dried it with my blow dryer until it was mostly dry.
I was extremely skeptical on how this would work because usually when I don't shampoo I look like this on day one.....





But after using my baking soda and vinegar solutions my hair is soft and clean and it stayed that way all day long and the slight vinegar smell dispersed after about an hour so I didn't smell like salad dressing all day :)  I think I'll try it tomorrow too.

Check out my clean and sparkly hair!  The writer claims that after a while of using these solutions you can use just plain water...that would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment