Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Love it but throwing away the recipe

Make your own Peanut butter egg.  Some things start out as a brilliant idea.  Making your own peanut butter eggs!  I was super excited because I LOVE peanut butter eggs.  Now before you think this is a bad recipe let me just say that this is a super easy, delicious substitute for peanut butter eggs....and that is exactly my problem with it.

I have a theory on desert.

 #1 It should take as long to make as you will spend in the gym to work it off.  So deserts that that take less than an hour to make are just plain dangerous.

#2 you should not be able to make desert from things you ALWAYS have on hand.  Desert should require pre planning and the search for things in the grocery store that you generally won't find in your pantry

#3 you should not be able to buy the ingredients in BULK....well at least all of them.

So sorry that is 3 strikes against this delicious recipe
1. It is quick and super easy
2.  I always have Peanut butter, and butter on hand and powdered sugar and chocolate chips are in my cupboard often enough to consider them "on hand" ingredients
3. All of the necessary ingredients can be bought at Costco in "year supply" quantities.

So it is a great treat, but I generally run screaming from recipes that say quick and easy deserts!   I don't want desert to be quick and easy! I want it to be a conscious choice that I have to go out of my way to make.  It should take preplanning, not just wandering into my kitchen opening the cupboards and ten minutes later I have an elastic waistband inducing confection.

ok I'm done...I'll go eat my halloween candy now :)  hey...I carried a toddler around the neighborhood to earn these Reese's peanut butter cups :)


No comments:

Post a Comment