Thursday, November 3, 2011

get ready to laugh

Ok I'm willing to try just about anything, and I'll even post pictures so we can all have a good laugh.
I tried this sock bun curls tutorial about a month ago and it didn't work because my hair was not long enough to get all into one pony tail on top of my head. 

That girls hair turns out so pretty!  I'm so jealous! I want curly hair, but my hair is just too short.  

so I got to thinking (this is where I usually get into trouble...I get a BRILLIANT idea!) what if I did multiple buns and used some small children's socks?  (I was folding socks at the time and was trying to figure out where the matches to all these little socks had gone)

Ok so I tried it last night....

 Peter thought this was an awesome look, although he was laughing so he might have been being disingenuous.

 Here is the back (that lower bun would prove to be a literal pain in the neck and was ripped out by some crazy woman trying to sleep, obviously she doesn't subscribe to the "pain is beauty" philosophy)

 and side.  It kind of reminds me of when I was in middle school and I used to wear my hair in 2 buns on top of my head.  I was a weird kid.


 and this is what I looked like this morning after removing the buns.  Do I look a little tired?  Yeah Claire came and slept with me last night and she is not an easy sleep partner.

 My hair looks like it's been through some sort of horrible ordeal, and I don't think it wants to talk about it.  I tried brushing it out to get those "Hollywood waves" talked about in the video.

 Here is my version of "Hollywood waves"
Now this will work with longer hair, I know this because I've seen it in multiple Youtube videos and a semi pretty curl did come out of the bun on the very top of my head.  So maybe if I grow my hair another foot it will work.

If you see me today don't be surprised to find me with my hair up!

1 comment:

  1. We love doing sock bun curls in our house. Unfortunately we've never successfully gotten curly hair the day after, because our hair is too wet when we put the sock bun in and the bun falls out by the end of the day. Either way, Lacy and I both have sported the sock bun more than once, with no curls. My favorite wet curl method is rag curls, which I'll do every once in a while. It takes about 20 minutes to do each girl's hair but it turns out really cute. I do want the sock bun curls to work for me, though. Maybe I'll invest in a water sprayer and start off with slightly damp hair instead of just washed hair to see if that makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete