Friday, March 2, 2012

14 day challenge done...woo hoo!

 Day one:  Modeling my new cardigan and t-shirt scarf on the night before I started the 14 day Challenge.  My goal was to lose some inches, especially my double chin, and get back into the gym!

 Here I am on day 6.  I feel great, I've already lost inches and I am working out every day and it is starting to show.
Here I am today!  My face is much slimmer, I've lost inches all around and most importantly I am looking forward to hitting the gym every day.   I have loved this 14 day workout challenge and I'm planning to keep going on the cardio half of it but I need to mix it up on the strength training side.  I've done some of these things before with out much success but this one was well laid out and the time commitment was minimal, which I think is important.  I probably spent about 45 minutes a day doing my workout, 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical (I mostly did elliptical) and it takes about 15 minutes to complete the weight training exercises.

The challenge calls for a 1600 calorie a day diet...that did not happen.  I was more mindful of my portions and my eating habits but I have been changing my eating habits over the course of several months so I wasn't going to mess with what I've already done.

ok so here it is....my inches lost report after 2 weeks I had lost:

7 inches from my bust
5 inches from my waist at my belly button
4 3/4 inches from my waist at my love handles
3 inches off my hips
2 1/2 inches off my thigh
2 3/4 inches off my calf
1 1/4 inches off my bicep
1 inch off my neck (bye bye double chin!)
 ok so I took the measurements of the places that mattered to me.  I didn't see any specific places to measure in the challenge so I don't know how I compare to the other women in the group but according to my measurements I lost a total of  271/4 inches over all!!!!!

WOO HOO!

I highly recommend this if you are looking to get back in the gym.  I haven't had time to hit the mall to see if I shrunk a size but I can tell I definitely need some smaller clothes....come on Tax return!  mamma needs a new pair of pants...and a shirt...and a dress.... :)

ok so  here is the original post.  Go check it out and get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment