Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tis the Season...



My goal this year is to not gain a single pound over the course of the holidays!  I have been frequenting the Pinterest fitness boards, a lot lately and I have been picking a new set of workouts to try at home for each week.  Last week I did this workout called 10 ways to fab abs



which was a great workout!  I loved it.  I could really feel it by the end.  I was surprised that the leg lifts were the most difficult workout for me.  Give it a try, which one worked you the most?

I get bored doing the same workout over and over again, so far this year I have been really into my wii fit, pilates, yoga, belly dancing, booty ballet, salsa dance your buns off or something like that and something called ab attack!  yeah I have to change it up a lot otherwise I just give up on working out and sit on the couch and eat M&M's (amazing that I never get bored of that). 

 So I love the pinterest fitness board because there are a ton of workout groups post that focus on one specific area of your body and gives you enough exercises to take up 20 minutes of your day.  I look for workouts that will give me a good workout in a short period of time, something I can commit to on a daily basis, even on those days where the kids wake up before me and I want to just curl up and watch tv all day.  I look for workouts that I can do even when I feel bad.  Something that will push me a little but not so much that I feel it's too hard and quit all together.

This week my workout is called 5 moves to work your core/ ab exercises for runners (I'm not a runner but I like their abs)

Here is the link to the exercises.  I didn't feel like 2 sets of 6 reps was enough so I just upped it to 10 reps per set (it's still a little easy I may do this morning and night).  So far the side plank side march pictured above is the hardest exercise!  I have no balance at all, so this is the one exercise I try to do away from anyone else because I look silly doing it.  I usually collapse laughing at myself by the end.

The best thing that has happened to me because I have been following fitness inspiration boards is that I am excited to try new workouts, I look forward to that 20 minutes a day where I get to just focus on me and do something I enjoy (which as the mother of 2 young kids those 20 minutes might be my only alone time the whole day...yeah it happens).  
Anyways give some of these workouts a try or head over to the fitness board and get inspired to do some working out.







No comments:

Post a Comment